Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Day in Gorom with AFAO.

Last Friday I had the unique opportunity to see the AFAO Senegal factory where women work transforming  agricultural products and create local yummy juices, like bissap and many others.


This is the outside of the factory in Gorom. It was about a two hour bus ride outside of Dakar.


This is the juice stand located in the profile picture of Mme. Magatte Fall, who I wrote about in my last blog post. Her loans have helped fund the juice stand. Her latest loan bought a freezer to store her juices.

The neighborhood surrounding the factory. It was very quaint, set out in the country. I was fortunate enough to travel there with our Coach Benevole, Ndate Dieng, who is also a member of AFAO.


I had the pleasure of being presented to the President of AFAO Senegal, Khady Fall. Here she is pictured with several other members of AFAO Senegal.



The interior of the factory where the women ground local agricultural products.


Pictured above with a few packages of the ground corn and couscous. To my right is our Coach Benevole, Ndate.

No comments:

Post a Comment