Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ceebujen


One of my favorite cultural aspects of Senegal is ceebujen. Now that I have been back in Senegal for nearly three weeks, I have had my fair share already. I have been fortunate enough to meet with a few clients already that have invited me to stay for lunch.



 Coach Benevole Ndate Dieng and I after our first meeting when she posted her first loan application. She will sell solar charging lamps that double as cell phone chargers. I have met with Ndate now twice and she has invited me to stay for ceebujen both times.


The remnants of the ceebujen after my second visit with Ndate. Hard work only means the ceeb tastes better and there is less leftover. Today I was fortunate enough to meet with another member of Zidisha. But I will write more about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment